Sunday, April 3, 2011

Yoga Day for Human Rights


Who loves yoga?? I do! I do! ... I'm still a rookie. I try to go a couple of times per week at Good Life Fitness (Body Flow classes which is Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates together) and I walk out feel refreshed. However, the first two times I went, I thought I was going to pass out during the "meditation" session at the end of the class. Also, my apologies to the lady beside me who I had to hold on to when I thought I was going to fall over. Who knew balancing on one foot was so difficult?

Some people think yoga is super easy... Really? Have you tried some of the moves? I didn't even know human beings could bend that way... I always thought our rib cages take up WAY more room but apparently, it's possible to lie on your stomach and reach for the sky. 

Anyway, you know what else I love? Human rights. LOL. 
On April 9th, 2011, Amnesty International Canada ( follow them on Twitter! @AmnestyNow ) is holding a Yoga Day for Human Rights at their Toronto Office from 11am-12pm. The price ranges from $20-$29 and the person to raise the most money wins a gift basket from Amnesty International Canada. Every participant will also receive a free pass to Moksha Yoga on the Danforth.

I'm not sure how well aware you may be about human rights... but guess what, some people are exploited and are denied human rights ... I grew up not worrying about things like this, although I realize now that human rights or lack thereof impacts me whether I am denied them, or others are. The issues that stem from this is incredible and I hope that even if you don't go to this event, that you research on this topic. Ask yourself what human rights is... Who is denied it and who is protected by it. :)

For more information on this event, use the contacts below!

Sara: sageorlo@amnesty.ca

Amnesty International Canada (Toronto Office):
1992 Yonge Street 3rd Fl.
Toronto, Ontario
(Yonge Street & Belsize Ave.)
Click here for their official site

Phone: (416) 363-9933 ext. 330

For Moksha Yoga on the Danforth official site, click here
They are located at:
372A Danforth Avenue (Between Broadview & Chester) 
Toronto, Ontario
Phone: (416) 778-7744
Email: danforth@mokshayogadanforth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment