Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just One Weekend in Toronto

Events in Toronto this past weekend had people wandering around the city enjoying ridunkulous events. I had the opportunity to attend the Toronto Ribfest at Centennial Park and drinks and delicious food at Spice Route on King St.:





Every Sunday from 5pm-10pm at Spice Route, for $24 you get what seems like an endless amount of all-you-can-eat items off of their set menu. Lemon chicken, Bok Choy, Yam Fries among many of the entrees plus Fried Banana and Raspberry brownie for dessert. They have an amazing patio... and you gotta see the openness of their bathroom. ... 


This past Sunday was also the Pride Parade. From what I hear, it was CRAZY. Despite Mayor Ford's absence (his loss), the parade went on to unite and celebrate, generating tons of moula to the economy. 

A friend of my brother's, Abra S., baked this fabulous cake for Pride. I saw it and drooled. 

Mmm... Cake...



Centennial Park was completely full of people in line waiting for some delicious ribs, a chance at winning a life sized stuffed animal and stomach hurling rides. FYI, I don't recommend that you go on any of the rides after eating a full rack of ribs. Just saying...




Past awards won by Jack on the Bone




The ribs I got to try were from "Jack On the Bone", sprayed (literally with a spray bottle) with Jack Daniels. The cornbread and baked beans were amazing. How do I know? Cuz I got sleepy after eating it.

My friends HEART  BEATS TO were there selling their tees straight for 11 hours a day from Thursday until Sunday. From what I hear, the bright, hot and sunny weather may have caused one to get a "farmer's tan"... ;)
I think I got the last Tank in medium :P...Score...!


Samia and Madiha: HeartBeatsTO

Despite the season, Toronto has amazing events that go on. I remember years ago always saying that there is nothing to do. But you have to look!
These are popular events that you hear about without searching through the event listings. 

All you have to do is log on to toronto.ca/events and click on the ones you may be interested in attending. 

I LOVE Toronto... 





No comments:

Post a Comment