Sunday, August 14, 2011

TORONTO Argos vs. HAMILTON Ticats: Photos


My first football game ever was yesterday, August 13th, 2011 at Hamilton's Ivor Wynn Stadium. The Toronto Argos (woohoo!) and the Hamilton Ticats (boo!) faced off. This was my second time in Hamilton and I knew nothing about the place... the first time was when I was 17. I got my fake ID taken away by a bouncer at Hess Village, and vowed to ban Hamilton from that day on.

But to see the Argos and to experience my first football game, the girls and I drove the short distance to Hamilton. Plus, I have a legit ID now, so all is forgiven.

One thing I'll say about Hamilton is that the people there ARE SERIOUS about football and more specifically, the Ticats. If you were wearing an Argo's shirt... you were going to get heckled by the Black and Yellow. I think someone sensed that I was from Toronto... I'm 99.9% positive someone threw something at me on purpose.

It was great to see a gathering of local supporters for the Ticats. It's a nice boost for the players to win the games... The fans yelling, "KILL THEM" is certainly a motivation in itself :)

*sigh* the Ticats won. But like I told a few of the Ticats myself, the Argos LET them win. I won't tell you about the responses I got for saying that....


Here are the photos:






Bernie Custis




** Bernie Custis (photo below) was honoured at the game on Saturday (photo above). Custis was the first African American quarterback, 60 years ago.**

No comments:

Post a Comment