Thursday, June 14, 2012

SHUT UP and DO.

Have you ever had to resort to drinking muddy water?
No? Then SHUT UP.


Let's not rank parts of the globe as "first world" and "third world" but as DEVELOPING and DEVELOPED.


Let's not believe that we have no responsibilities (individually, as a group, as a nation) at all whatsoever when it comes to people that are not blessed with privileges as you are.


What is really disturbing is that some people are unable to walk bare feet in the place of one that does not have access to basic necessities and still have the audacity to remove themselves as part of the solution.


I recently had someone I don't know question what it is I have done to contribute to the solution, just because I claimed they were ignorant. Trust me, he was ignorant. And best at that.
Is this really an argument with a premise? Question me because I questioned you, meanwhile, avoiding the issue and answering my initial question?


If I have tremendously contributed to the solution to the best of my abilities, is it not so that this person is still ignorant?


Maybe he was trying to equate my lack of efforts to his, except, I don't lack in effort.


My previous posts on privilege has apparently failed to reach people like him.


There is a world outside of Canada and the U.S. Just because you live in a privileged state, doesn't mean you wash your hands of global issues with the clean water provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment