Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The CN Tower: Lit up in Purple!


Today I spoke with a rep from CN Tower to ask about the lighting schedule for this weekend. Currently, the CN Tower is scheduled to be lit up in purple on March 26th (Saturday) except between 8:30pm-9:30pm for earth hour. I'm waiting for the Manager of Public Relations to call me back so I can request the CN Tower to be lit in purple for the duration of the Purple concert at Dundas Square for Epilepsy on March 25th at 5pm if it hasn't been requested already.
Apparently, requests are done way before the actual date requested, but maybe they can help us out a little for this one :)
The CN Tower is the tallest free-standing structure in the Western hemisphere and is a communications and observation building. This summer I hope to go at least once so I can see our beautiful city from up high.
BEA-U-TI-FUL.

***Update- March 24th, 2011: Ok... I missed a call from the Man. of Pub Relations as I was working today. However, I received a tweet from Epilepsy Toronto and they said that the CN Tower was already scheduled to be purple for the entire month of March. Hmmm... not what the security guy at CN Tower told me! But it seems Epilepsy Toronto may be right, as according to their lighting schedule, with exceptions to a few days in March, it seems it will be purple. I'm still waiting on the confirmation from CN Tower... But either way, I'm excited that Toronto will be involved in Purple Day tomorrow! I hope to see you all there :)

Follow Epilepsy Toronto on Twitter! www.twitter.com/@EpilepsyToronto
For the CN Tower lighting schedule, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment