Tuesday, March 15, 2011

UCLA Student Alexandra Wallace: Asians In The Library

So I sit beside the same Korean girl (the only Korean girl I know) in my Feminist Theory class at the University of Toronto. We usually update each other on our week and complain about how tired we are and it's only Tuesday.

Last week, I told her about this YouTube video of a woman singing about "Sunny D and Rum... Yum" song... (YouTube it).

Today, she tells me about a girl from UCLA who posted a video on YouTube about Asian people in the Library at her school that talk on their cell phones. I have yet to see the video but I hear and read that she basically is an idiot because UCLA heard about it as the video went viral. She took it down... she had a lot of death threats were made against her, UCLA was not happy... and she had to reschedule her exams. Fun huh?

I plan on watching the video and some of the responses and parodies that were made about Wallace's post. The next post WILL BE my open letter to Alexandra Wallace.

I will say this,
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE ANYBODY ACCESS TO WECAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment