Tuesday, June 21, 2011

TIFF in the Park



There are definitely some good movies out right now. I almost died of laughter when I saw Bridesmaid and Thor was AMAZING. But I love the old movies I watched during my childhood... You remember childhood? When you didn't have to worry about paying taxes and rent and cursing when the gas would go up by .2. ... Those were the days...

Well reminisce the tax-free, rent-free, free loading days every Wednesday at David Pecaut Square (formerly Metro Square) at King St. and Simcoe beside Roy Thompson Hall. 
Between July 6th and Aug 31st, Toronto International Film Festival and the Entertainment District BIA presents free outdoor movie showing. The showing starts at sunset (July: approx. 9pm, Aug: approx 8:30pm). 

"The potential of Toronto lies not so much within its architectural or economic or social possibilities as in what it could represent to the world as a place where amazing things get done"

Family favourites like Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music (the theatrical show was FAB) will be shown along with a sneak peek of the retrospective Raj Kapoor's "Jagte Raho" (meaning: "stay alert") dated back in 1956. Also showing are Wizard of Oz, Singing In The Rain and Funny Girl. 

David Pecaut was a cit-building guru and co-founder of the Luminato Festival. Metro Square was named after Pecaut back in April of this year. 
Pecaut, like myself, loved Toronto. Prior to his death, Pecaut urged Torontonians to ensure the city's future success. Pecaut Square is the cultural corridor from Art Gallery of Ontario to the Lake. 

I'm hoping to be there July 6th after my mid-term exam... I would definitely need the relaxation and entertainment. 

I sure hope the ice cream truck will be there.... .... Mmm.... Ice cream...

;)

Contacts:

Toronto Entertainment District
Email: info@torontoed.com
416-926-1337

For movie listings for TIFF in the Park click here






No comments:

Post a Comment